Saturday, December 27, 2008

Prayers of Abandonment


Image on prayer card with *Brother Charles of Jesus prayer

*Prayer of Abandonment of Brother Charles of Jesus


Father, I abandon myself into Your hands;
do with me what You will.
Whatever You do I thank You.
I am ready for all, I accept all.
Let only Your will be done in me,
as in all Your creatures,
I ask no more than this, my Lord.

Into Your hands I commend my soul;
I offer it to You, O Lord,
with all the love of my heart,
for I love You, my God, and so need to give myself--
to surrender myself into Your hands,
without reserve and with total confidence,
for You are my Father.


The Third Step Prayer

(from page 63 of the Big Book of Alcoholics Anonymous)

God,I offer myself to Thee-
To build with me
and to do with me as Thou wilt.
Relieve me of the bondage of self,
that I may better do Thy will.
Take away my difficulties,
that victory over them may bear witness
to those I would help of Thy Power,
Thy Love, and Thy Way of life.
May I do Thy will always!

Copyright ©Alcoholics Anonymous World Services, Inc.



My personal prayer...

Holy Father, thank you for your grace and mercy working powerfully in my life. You are my strength, my guiding force. In you, I find peace and purpose. I offer myself to thee Lord, to use me according to your will. I lift up my fears and anxieties to you, knowing and trusting that you will work everything out according to your will. Please clear the clouds of doubt from my mind that I may see the path ahead. Let your will be done, not mine.

God, I lift up my hands in prayer, my heart in surrender and my will to be conformed to your ways. Relieve me of the bondage of my fears and doubts. Forgive my lack of faith in your love for me. Empty me of all desires, demands, needs and expectations of myself and others that aren't according to your will and plan for me. Fill me with your peace, purpose and strength.

In your Son's precious and Holy name I pray

No comments:

Total Pageviews