Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Under His Wings

Almost 20 years ago, I received this piece of inspiration from my friend Ginny. She is a beautiful angel that entered my life to offer me encouragement, support and provide spiritual nourishment as I began a journey of recovery and growing faith in God.

a poem about letting go and trusting...

Under His Wings

As the eagle must force her young from the nest,
To teach them how to fly,
So our Father must press us out
Of routine things he'd have us try.

And just as the eagle guards her own

to insure their safety in flight,
Our Lord is near when we try our wings -
We're never out of his sight.


But should the eaglet begin to fall,
the Eagle swoops down from above

to rescue its young and bear it up

on wings of strength and love.


So how can we doubt the eagles creator,
the One who made us all,

would fail to save and deliver us,

if we should start to fall.

~ BJ Hoff

2 comments:

daniel said...

How nice, Happy new year

Kimberly 'Butterfly Wings' said...

Daniel,

thanks for dropping by my blog. Have a Blessed Hope-filled New Year!

Kimberly

Total Pageviews