Sunday, April 27, 2008

Underneath the Glacial Mask...



Layers of darkness obscure the truth and the light burning brightly within me - a well chosen smile deceptively worn to hide my fear or insecurity or an an icy glare and hardened heart worn as protective gear in the games of life.
What would be revealed if I allowed my well-worn masks of pretense to melt away in the Light of Truth? In those rare moments, when the masks falls away and I'm left with myself...raw, vulnerable and real...what then, would you see?

Do you glimpse the 'real me'? The woman with laughing eyes and a Chesire grin; a lonely soul who seeks solitude and beauty in nature; a timid and insecure woman on the brink of becoming herself; a strong, courageous warrior willing to face life's challenges; a strong-willed rebellious forty two-year old having a temper tantrum; a student of the spiritual life; All of these and more represent some aspect of myself. Despite the darkness, though, a pure joy and radiance exists...underlying it all. At the very core, flowing deeply within, the joy and pure essence of God's love is there. I feel it pulsing...expanding within me or contracting depending on how open I am to life. When I peel away the fears and lies, I'm left with the Truth.

What's under your mask?


Image taken on a cool winter's day at Walden Pond, Concord, MA.

No comments:

Total Pageviews