Sunday, November 11, 2007

Where do you go to draw near to God?



"The best remedy for those who are afraid, lonely or unhappy is to go outside, somewhere where they can be quiet, alone with the heavens, nature and God. Because only then does one feel that all is as it should be and that God wishes to see people happy, amidst the simple beauty of nature. As long as this exists, and it certainly always will, I know that then there will always be comfort for every sorrow, whatever the circumstances may be. And I firmly believe that nature brings solace in all troubles." ~ Anne Frank

When you're bone-weary from fighting the mental battles of your mind; when you want to do the right thing, but struggle against accepting and acting on the truth you know; when the stresses of your worklife sap you of all your energy...where do you go? Whom do you turn to for comfort, guidance and strength?

Nature offers a gentle embrace...a pathway that leads into the sacred sanctuary of God's presence. Peace enters my soul in this place...amidst the wooded pines, the boundless blue skies, and the sweet melodies of nature. It is in this space that I draw close to God. His love enfolds me in the quiet stillness of the woods. Listening to the whispering winds and rustling leaves, all the restlessness inside me relaxes. My heart softens and my spirit lightens with each step along the trail.

My heart sings praises to a God that loves me with an everlasting love, seeks me when I'm lost; guides me home when I've gone astray, and offers solace to my spirit. Within my nature lies a deep desire to know God, so I look outside in Nature...it is there that I find Him.

Draw Near to God, and He Will Draw Near to You ~ James 4:8

Photograph taken at Walden Pond, Concord, MA.

No comments:

Total Pageviews