Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Crooked or Straight?


"The man of integrity walks securely, but he who takes crooked paths will be found out." ~ Proverbs 10:9

In·teg·ri·ty
Pronunciation: \in-ˈte-grə-tē\

  1. firm adherence to a code of especially moral or artistic values
  2. an unimpaired condition; soundness
  3. the quality or state of being complete or undivided (wholeness)

Integrity Self-Assessment:

  • Am I living in alignment with God's will? or am I living according to my selfish desires?
  • Do my actions match my words, or do I say one thing and do another?
  • Am I the same person in all areas of my life or do I say and do things to adapt to whatever group I am with?
  • Do I keep my commitments and my word or do I make empty promises and excuses?
  • Am I truly being honest with God about all my thoughts, actions and behaviors... the ones that I don't really want to share with anyone (especially God)... the thoughts of lust, self-righteous anger, jealousy, judgment or resentment?
LORD, I pray that when I start to walk down the wrong path and stray from what I know is right (which I often do) that you will guide me back with a firm and gentle hand.

Image taken at Mount Auburn Cemetery, Cambridge, MA

No comments:

Total Pageviews