Sunday, January 13, 2008

Be Still



The sermon series at my church is focusing on making space for God in our busy lives. I race through my work days with anxious anticipation of the weekend. The weekend finally arrives! My weekend begins with a fast-paced agenda. Satisfaction comes as I start to check off my 'to-do' list...now I feel productive, worthwhile, as though I'm 'doing' something good that offers a sense of accomplishment. Work and activity provide the illusion of a worthwile life...the more I work, the more I feel as though I'm being useful and of service. In order to feel better about myself, I work harder, try harder and "do" more so that I don't lose that feeling.

What is the cure for a restless mind and heart?
Where do I make space for God in my life?
When do I slow down and just rest?

If I want to know God, I need to spend time with him.
"As a deer longs for flowing streams, so my soul longs for you, O God."
— Psalm 42:1
Letting go of the activities, the busyness, the distractions in my life seems at times difficult, yet it is essential if I desire to know God more fully...to experience His power and presence in my life.

Slow me down Lord that I may hear your still small voice whispering to my heart...



"Be still, and know that I am God."


"Be still, and know that I am..."


"Be still, and know that I..."


"Be still, and know that..."


"Be still, and know..."


"Be still, and..."


"Be still..."


"Be"

(Psalm 46:10) Variations on a psalm

Image taken at Great Meadows Wildlife Sanctuary, Concord, MA

No comments:

Total Pageviews