Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Letter from a Friend

Another one of my inspirations that continues to fill me with hope many years later. I bought a framed piece of art in 1990 with this beautiful message. It spoke to my heart. Little did I know the true significance of its message. God relentlessly pursues our hearts...he's been pursuing mine for decades. Thank you, Jesus, I finally turned towards you.

May you realize just how much God loves you, too.

From my collection of inspirations...

Letter from a Friend

I am writing to say how much I care
for you and to say how much I want
to know you better.

When you awoke this morning, I
exploded a brilliant sunrise through
your window hoping to get your
attention, but you rushed off without
even noticing.

Later, I noticed you were walking with
some friends so I bathed you in warm
sunshine and perfumed the air with
natures sweet scent, and you still didn't
notice me. As you passed by, I shouted
to you in a thunderstorm and painted
a beautiful rainbow in the sky and you
didn't even look.

In the evening, I spilled moonlight onto
your face and sent a cool breeze
to rest you. As you slept, I watched
over you and shared your thoughts, but
you were unaware that I was so near:

I have chosen you and hope you will
talk to me soon. Until then
I will remain near. I am your friend and
love you very much.

Your friend Jesus.

No comments:

Total Pageviews