Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Broken Dreams

A friend offered me this piece of encouragement almost 20 years ago...it has carried me through many rough patches along the way. From my collection of inspirations...

a beautiful poem about letting go and trusting God...


Broken Dreams

As children bring their broken toys
With tears for us to mend,
I brought my broken dreams to God
Because He was my friend.

But then instead of leaving Him
In peace to work alone,
I hung around and tried to help
With ways that were my own.

At last I snatched them back and cried,
"How could you be so slow"
"My child," He said, "What could I do?
You never did let go."
- Author Unknown

2 comments:

Stardust said...

Hi Kimberly,

If it's ok, I'd like to share Broken Dreams with a friend.

Thanks for sharing this, I'd like to keep it close to my heart too.

Kimberly 'Butterfly Wings' said...

Hi Stardust,

Yes, please feel free to share with your friend! I don't know who authored the poem...my friend passed it on to me...then I passed it on to others. It always comforts me. God bless the person who penned it!

Total Pageviews